We’re thrilled to be sharing this guest post by the wonderful Cara Sutra. (If you haven’t checked Cara out, do so at @TheCaraSutra, on Facebook, and at her website. She writes beautifully about sex and sexuality, and not only is her site a powerful resource, but it’s one helluva lot of fun too.)
Also, I’ll add that Cara includes pointers here for those who are shy about sexuality, erotica and/or porn, or want to write erotica. Enjoy your read!
When you get into a life rut, it can be difficult to feel positive about anything, never mind feeling sexually alluring and confident to boot. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, at times we all need a helping hand to feel sexier and raring to get back in the orgasmic saddle.
How can erotic books help?
Erotic books can give you the sensual boost you need, in more ways than you’d ever imagine. Here are just ten reasons how erotic books and literary erotica hugely impact on your personal confidence, increasing the intimacy within your relationship as well as improving your sex life all round.
- Erotic books can be surprisingly cheap. Literary erotica is suitable for all budgets whether you only have a few pennies to spend or want to invest in a treasured tome for your raunchy library.
- Erotic books are discreet. Once comfortably tucked up with an erotic book, your journey through new worlds of sexual excitement is private and quiet. There’s no need to adjust the volume, simply let your eyes take in the scenes as your imagination hungrily devours the lot.
- Erotic books are just as skilfully written as mainstream fiction. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that erotic literature is in any way inferior to other styles of literature. With skilful use of language, imagery, imaginative scenes and complex characters, erotic books regularly move readers emotionally as well as merely titillating sexual desires.
- Erotic books are non-intimidating, for singles as well as couples. You don’t have to speak to or see another person, you don’t even need to include the use of sex toys if they’re not your thing. All erotic reading involves is your imagination and the book; whether you read it alone or share with your partner!
- Erotic books have universal appeal, regardless of gender, relationship status or sexual experience. Scenes and stories may revive nostalgic sexual memories or touch upon fantasies you never realised would turn you on.
- Erotic books are accessible no matter where you are in the world or how discreet you need the delivery to be. With the dawn of electronic downloads and devices such as e-readers, you can opt for discreet delivery to your doorstep from an online purchase, or select immediate download as you prefer.
- If you’re an aspiring writer of erotic literature or sexy short stories yourself, reading the words of others can help break down any writer’s block you may encounter. Published erotic literature can kick start your own imagination as well as put your mind on the right track for writing.
- Reading erotic books builds the confidence you might be lacking when it comes to communicating your sexual fantasies and desires to a partner. You might also realise the confidence to admit a few sexual truths to yourself after reading some daring, arousing tales.
- Erotic books are also the perfect alternative for people who shy away from traditional erotic media in the form of adult films and porn on screen. Words are sexy, there’s no denying it; erotic books are the way forwards!
- The many different scenes and sexual encounters in erotic books ignites the passions that may have been forgotten during the natural course of life, family, work and other events. With the artful combination of erotic stories sculpted by some of the world’s most talented erotic authors at your fingertips, you won’t be short of sexual ideas to replicate in your own sex life.
Where do you start looking for good quality, life changing erotic literature? Go Deeper Press is the ideal leap pad into this bright new world. With hot and steamy erotica ready to be downloaded in exchange for surprisingly low prices, you could be reading some of the world’s best sex-themed stories in a manner of minutes.
Go Deeper Press also acts as a regularly updated hub of news and information about the erotic literature scene, from author interviews and updates, to themed features and news of upcoming events.